Cartmel Show 2017 promises entertainment for everyone!
We have record entries in the horse section with over 200 horses and ponies taking part and more Shire horses entered in classes than ever before.
More than 300 sheep will be there, plus over 50 head of cattle will be put through their paces in the ring on show day.
There is a poultry tent for the bird fans, demonstration marquee, dog show, village industries and horticulture tent, all packed with animals, local produce and craft work all hoping to catch the eye of the judges for that treasured first prize rosette!
The craft tent and over 90 trade stands will be there to tempt you so theres also plenty for shopping for everyone.
Children will be kept busy with bouncy castles, archery, a climbing wall and the chance to try out circus tricks. Our visiting birds of prey are adored by our young visitors, as are the creepy crawlies & snakes which they love getting up close to!
There is a Cumberland & Westmoreland wrestling competition on the day open to all. Bring the children along they ll love it and maybe pick up some new skills.
The main ring is packed with entertainment all day with the Vale of Lune Harriers Hunt hounds, and the exciting show jumping competition, mounted fancy dress for the children, vintage tractors and machinery, and of course the Grand Parade of prize winning livestock in the afternoon.
Also new for 2017:
- FREE Shuttle bus service from Cark railway station to the show ground.
- Michelin star chef Simon Rogan takes over the food theatre.
- Extended food hall marquee with more local producers to tantalize your taste buds.
- Butcher Jon Watson and Chef Dan Akrigg will be on hand to show you what to do with the best cuts of Lake District meats and produce.
- Willow weaving and coppicing demonstrations you can make your own willow creation!
- Terrier racing.
- Gin bar!
- A Kids Scarecrow Quiz with prizes all round provided by Cartmel Young Farmers Club.
All well behaved dogs are very welcome, but please DO NOT leave dogs in cars. Thank you for supporting Cartmel Agricultural Society we hope you have a brilliant day with us at the Show!