Cartmel Show 2018 promises entertainment for everyone!
Below is a flavour of last years show. keep checking for updates on our plans for 2018
We had record entries in the horse section with over 200 horses and ponies taking part and more Shire horses entered in classes than ever before..
More than 300 sheep in attendance, plus over 50 head of cattle were put through their paces in the ring on show day.
There was a poultry tent for the bird fans, demonstration marquee, dog show, village industries and horticulture tent, all packed with animals, local produce and craft work, all hoping to catch the eye of the judges for that treasured first prize rosette!
The craft tent and over 90 trade stands to tempt you so theres also plenty of shopping for everyone.
Children were kept busy with bouncy castles, archery, a climbing wall and the chance to try out circus tricks. Our visiting birds of prey are adored by our young visitors, as are the creepy crawlies & snakes which they love getting up close to
There is a Cumberland & Westmorland wrestling competition on the day open to all. The children love it and maybe pick up some new skills.
The main ring is packed with entertainment all day with the Vale of Lune Harriers Hunt hounds, terrier racing, dog agility, mounted fancy dress for the children, vintage tractors and machinery, and of course, the Grand Parade of prize winning livestock in the afternoon.
Also new for 2018:
- FREE Shuttle bus service from Cark railway station to the show ground.
- Michelin star chef Simon Rogan takes over the food theatre.
- Extended food hall marquee with more local producers to tantalize your taste buds.
- Butcher Jon Watson and Chef Dan Akrigg will be on hand to show you what to do with the best cuts of Lake District meats and produce.
- Willow weaving and coppicing demonstrations you can make your own willow creation!
- Terrier racing.
- Gin bar!
- A Kids Scarecrow Quiz with prizes all round provided by Cartmel Young Farmers Club.
All well behaved dogs are very welcome, but please DO NOT leave dogs in cars. Thank you for supporting Cartmel Agricultural Society we hope you have a brilliant day with us at the Show!